Philips HeartStart FRx AED Package
Philips HeartStart FRx AED Package
Product Code 861304b
Save $200! Use promo code: SPRING200 at the checkout.
- HeartStart FRx AED
- 1 Pair of Preinstalled SMART Pads II
- Pre-Installed Battery
- AED Armor Rescue Kit
- Check tag
- Owner Manual
- Quick Set-up guide
- Maintenance Booklet
- Quick Reference Guide
- 8 Years Manufacturer's Warranty
- FREE defibcare Essential AED Program License for 1 Year
The Philips HeartStart FRx AED has been designed to be robust, easy-to-use and reliable, stripping away any unnecessary features so you can easily navigate your way through a rescue.
At the core of all the HeartStart defibrillators is the SMART Biphasic technology. This advanced feature allows for post cardiac treatment to be administered in a way which is tailored specifically to the victim based on their needs, maximizing their chances of survival.
- Rugged and reliable defibrillator for use in all environments
- Can withstand jetting water, weights of up to 500 pounds and a 1-meter drop onto concrete
- Pre-connected SMART Pads II which can be used on both adults and children victims
- Wireless Data Transfer for easy event transferral
- Infant/Child Key quickly adjusts AED to provide treatment that’s safe and effective for a child
- CPR coaching feature
- SMART Analysis: proven Philips technology for heart rhythm assessment
- SMART Biphasic technology allows treatment to be modified to each patient specifically
Philips Unique Features
Philips has developed an exclusive technology which assesses the patient’s heart rhythm to deliver a highly effective yet gentle biphasic waveform to improve chances of survival and provide defibrillation to the victim’s heart, only if it requires it.
This particular defibrillation therapy is supported by clinical data and is extremely popular thanks to its reliability that, even if the shock button is pressed by mistake, a shock will only be administered if needed.
Sadly, even children aren’t immune to cardiac arrest, and so to switch effortlessly to work in child mode, all users have to do is insert the Infant/Child Key, an extra accessory to the device. The unit comes pre-connected with SMART Pads II which are suitable for use on both adults and children, so no time is wasted switching pads.
Want to learn more about the Philips FRx device? Our knowledgeable defibshop team are here to help. Simply call us direct on 888 820 0760 where one of our advisors will happily answer any queries you may have.
Don’t forget, as an independent supplier, we can guarantee honest and impartial advice that’s tailored to suit whatever needs you have.
8 Year Manufacturing Warranty
IP Rating i
55: the AED is protected against limited dust ingress and low pressure water jets from any direction
Electrode Pad Life
H: 18cm x W: 22cm x D: 6cm
Want to know why you should choose us?
- Experienced and knowledgeable staff on-hand to offer impartial advice on all things AEDs
- We have a nationwide training network to deliver training in the use of a defib and CPR
- Not only providing free battery and pad reminders, we also will replace your electrode pads for free if you use your defib in the first two years after purchase
- Over 14 years worth of experience as an AED specialist
- 5 / 5 Review Score
- Over 97% of our customers would buy from us again
What is an IP rating?
An IP (Ingress Protection) rating classifies the degrees of protection of an electrical item against water and dust. Beginning with IP and followed by two numbers, the first digit is indicative of the item’s resistance to dust and the second is of its resistance to water. Protection against dust is measured from */ 0 up to 6, whereas protection against water is measured from */ 0 up to 8. The protection against these elements increases as the number does, with * / 0 telling us that the item has NO protection against either dust or water.
Why is this important?
The IP rating of a defib will tell you (and us!) whether it is suitable for the environment where it’s most likely to be used; for example, if there is a good chance your defib may be used in an outdoor environment, you will need a unit with a higher IP rating to ensure it can be used regardless the weather or terrain. If you are looking for a defibrillator more suitable for an indoors environment, you can afford to choose one with a lower IP rating, based on the other features that may be more suitable.
When a particular product is “approved” by the FDA, this marks the pass in the premarket approval (or PMA) application of a particular product which has been submitted to the FDA.
To receive approval of a device through a PMA application, the applicant in question must provide reasonable assurance of the device’s safety and effectiveness which is then challenged by the FDA before being approved.
Whilst all AEDs can be used to increase chances of survival and even save a life in the event of a cardiac arrest, FDA approved devices provide that extra piece of mind that the specific unit being used has undergone vigorous and substantial testing to ensure that that particular piece of equipment operates just as it should and provides the most effective care possible.
Many manufacturers perform their own tests on products, but not all defibrillators will undergo the same premarket approval as FDA approved devices and there is no guarantee or stamp of certification if testing has taken place with non-FDA approved products.